On Dec 16, 2011, at 12:59 AM, "David W. Morris" <bbh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you don't have a camcorder with firewire output, how do most Mac users
> input their analog composite video into their Mac's for editing?  I have a
> couple older Hi-8mm camcorders and a ton of family tapes that I want to edit
> on my Dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac, but don't know what is the easiest, or most
> popular way of importing my video content.

I use an EyeTV. I use it mostly for off air recording but I have also used it
for video tape transfers. It works well for either. It interfaces to the mac
via USB.

I suppose the feature to be looking at for your purposes is what video format
it saves in. While you should be able to convert it to what you need, having it
in the right format to begin with would save a step.

Sent from an iPhone, but is it mine?