After my Beige G3 began to experience problems running OS X Tiger (10.4.11), my wife bought me a refurbished dual-1.25 GHz processor MDD G4 from PowerMax. It is perfect for my needs and has been trouble- free. The only addition so far has been a USB 2.0 card. I'm running 10.4.11 but occasionally have the need to boot into 9.2.2 for some older software.

Video performance, however, could be better, especially running flight sims and games. The video card is an ATI Radeon 9000 Pro (AGP, 64 MB VRAM). What is the consensus as to a better video card for this computer?

The computer came with 1.5 GB of RAM (512 MB RAM in three of the four RAM slots). Would adding another 512 MB of RAM help video performance in any way?

Michael McMurtrey
Carrollton, TX