On 2012/01/10 13:36, John Carmonne so eloquently wrote:
On Jan 10, 2012, at 11:40 AM, JoeTaxpayer wrote:

>  What's going on in that Mac, John?

Dual 1.25 4 HDD's, 2 optical's burning at the same time.:-) and other stuff.

Now that's a PPC Mac being put to good use, it's nice to see one being so well utilized.

OP when my G5 DP died and Apple gave me this MP I did a comparison - the MP does twice the work at half the juice of my G5 DP. I know people that run BOINC on their G5s but they have to shut them down in the summer, they just put out too much heat. And that heat is wasted electricity. The G5 architecture never got small enough to be energy efficient.

Tina

--

Acceleron: HP Presario 2.8GHz Celeron D 2GB RAM Discrete graphics XP Pro
Luxo Jr: iMac 20" USB 2 1.25GHz G4 2GB RAM GeForceFX5200 Ultra 64MB VRAM 10.4.11