At 5:02 AM -0800 2/13/2012, Mark Langthorne wrote:
Every time I put the Mac

Please provide specific model / configuration details, especially what extra cards and peripherals are attached.

to sleep it cuts out when waking.

Explain please "cuts out". That could mean pretty much anything. Are you talking about some sort of system freeze or is there a total power loss or ....?

Then I have to unplug it let it stand awhile then reboot it.

"awhile" is how long?
And what happens if you try to reboot it before that time?

...We can only make vague guesses when provide vague information. Please, provide specifics.

Anybody have any ideas I have tried different configurations of ram to see if that was the issue but the same thing happens. This all started when I removed the CD drives IDE cable when the Mac was switched on.

IDE is not a hot swappable bus. You may have damaged that drive, the IDE bus itself, other things on the motherboard.

Look for errors in the system log... often they'll point to the thing that's not properly re-initializing after a "wake" event.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.