> I doubt that there’s a hardware decoder involved… But then, I don’t know for
> sure…
>
> YouTube through HTML5 i.e. WebM using the AltiVec-optimized version available
> through TenFourFox – thanks for TenFourFox! – is even on a fast G4 at its
> limits. My Quicksilver G4 with Dual-800 MHz has problems to show YouTube
> without occasional stutter.
>
> As already pointed out, MacTubes may be better, but I also doubt it will work
> on a G3 with less then 800 MHz.

Im not tryin to be be contrary, however as long as you are running tiger
(10.4.2 and up) you CAN run mactubes on a g3 powermac as long as your video
card is up to snuff, and you have the last Revision before the g4( the 450mhz
model with a rev b mobo and a full gig of ram may not hurt either) ive seen
mactubes on one, its functional.