> >Will it assign classic/pagemaker to one cpu only, leaving the other
> >cpu to do any OSX work needed?
>
> No.  Under OS X, scheduling is done preemptively, as resources are
> available.  That means a process is given a quantum time slice on a
> CPU/core, and the CPU is taken away when the slice ends or when the
> process becomes otherwise blocked (waiting for i/o, etc).  Classic is
> a process under OS X... so when its slice ends, the app running
> within Classic is suspended.  When the next slice is available to
> that process, it is re-assigned to a CPU/core...  Of course, if the
> process is still "loaded" in one particular CPU/core, then assignment
> preference is given to using that particular CPU/core.

Just to throw a wrench into this otherwise accurate description, I haven't
looked into how Classic handles apps that use the Multiprocessing API,
but I presume that TruBluEnvironment has all the tasks within it, including
MPTasks, as threads. I need to look into this at some point.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- This message will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Jim. -- M:I ----