On May 2, 2012, at 2:15 AM, arichic...@gmail.com wrote:

I am finding some confusing, conflicting information online so I just
want a clear definitive answer: I thought all G5's supported and had
an ADC port. I currently have an older Apple Studio Display I really
like, using it with a G4 DA. If I upgrade to a G5, I want to use this
same monitor. So which G5's DON'T SUPPORT ADC? Given that I want a G5
with ADC, which would be the best one to get? Reliability would be the
top priority, then lower power consumption.

The only G5 versions that do not support ADC are the "Late 2005" water- cooled with PCIe 16-lane video. All the other G5's from the original to the "Early 2005" are air-cooled and have AGP video slots that support ADC. None are good for power consumption, and since the earlier single CPU versions had lower wattage power supplies, the early versions will have the lowest power consumption, and the slowest speed. Generally speaking the "Early 2005" units are considered to be reliable and will support ADC if they have an AGP video card with an ADC port. Video cards with ADC ports generally sell at a discount to ones lacking an ADC port because most people don't use ADC and would rather have two DVI ports for modern LCD displays.

While I am posting, let me also ask if the G4 MDD all support ADC. Did
any MDD come with USB 2?

No. You can add USB 2 with a PCI card very inexpensively.