On May 31, 9:41 pm, Valter Prahlad <valter.prah...@fastwebnet.it>
wrote:
> Il giorno 31-05-2012 23:36, David W. Morris ha scritto:

> IIRC, his it's an AGP G4 450.
> I think the FireGL X3 would be overkill in a 450 MHz Mac. :-)

But it couldn't hurt, right?   I've seen the FireGL X3 cards on Ebay
for ~ $25 each recently.  And, according to the very long thread on
the Strange Dogs forum, if you convert a FireGL, the digital DVI will
work, because the FireGL card actually has the mumble chip (Silicon
Image?) which the regular PC X800's lack.

There's a lot to be said for having an X800 class card with two
working DVI ports and no ADC port.  That ADC port on Apple's video
cards is a giant pain in the posterior.

Jeff Walther