I concur 100%.

My 1996 PowerMac 7600 with a G4 Sonnet 1000 MHz, IDE HD connected to internal
IDE card and plenty of RAM screams with OS 9, but when I boot off OS X it can
barely keep the pace of a modest Wallstreet 233MHz.

I beleive it is pointless being able to install whatever OS on whatever Mac
when it takes days to startup and weeks to pull down menus.

Sent from my iPad