> Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t buy *a* *thing* that is sold without a
> media
> or printed envelope and I dislike anything without a printed manual.

Same here.

> I’m still buying Audio CDs. I do use iTunes on the Cube and I even have an
> iTunes account, but since I only use ripped tracks (from the CDs) its sole
> purpose is to get the album covers downloaded.

I usually buy USED CDs. The original media ONLY, of course, and usually
with the original covers and liner notes (if any). Many times, the
original "jewel case" has been replaced. No worries.

The local "used" bookstore carries nearly everything of interest, usually
at 50 percent of new list price. Sometimes less, for "close-out" items.
(Interestingly, they DO NOT carry "used" software).

ALL my CDs have been ripped and stored on my server for my use, only.

The same with ALL my DVDs.

All ORIGINAL media has been stored in a "media safe".

> Am I a fossil of the pre-internet&pre-digital-content age?

Perhaps, but there are millions if not billions more of you (us).