Il giorno 15-09-2012 13:03, Judith Berkowitz ha scritto:

> Opened the cover and... nothing.
> The screen is dark, no sound when I press the power button. Seems as
> dead as can be, although I hope not!

Since it's unusual (although not impossible) that a computer would die just
on the spot, I think the most likely issue is with the power source: either
the power strip, the power adapter, ot some of the cables.

You could also try to remove the battery. My PowerBook G4 is able to run
without battery inserted, I don't know about the iBook.

Best thing to do would be to try the iBook with an alternative power
adapter, if you can access one.