WRONG. I was sooo wrong.

I remembered that the newer ASD version is for the “Late-2005” only (in terms
of the Power Macs G5; I’m not considering all the other Macs like iMacs,
PowerBooks and so on…).

So… the newer version is ASD 2.6.3. It is for the Power Mac G5 “Late 2005”
with the Dual-Core PowerPC 970MP processor(s).

ALL the earlier Power Mac G5 towers are supported by the latest ASD 2.5, which
ist 2.5.8.

IN SHORT:

ASD 2.5.8 is most recent for Power Mac G5 computers from the original June
2003 to the “Early 2005”.

ASD 2.6.3 is the most recent for the “Late 2005” Power Mac G5 (including the
“Quad”).

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250