Il giorno 07/12/12 22:34, frrob ha scritto:

> The "solution" I have found to this problem is (if it powered on and gave
> me the flashing molex icon) is to manually power it down with the power
> button, and (if it didn't power up at all just do this) unplug the machine
> for 30 seconds to a minute, then plug it back in. Then it will start up
> normally.
Well, it seems having to do with "hot" (re)start.
Letting it cool down (even just a bit), seems helping;but I cannot think
what heat has to do with it.
Unplugging might "reset" something or let a memory chip lose its content;
but, again, doesn't make much sense.

Only thing I can think of, when the Mac is starting, the 9800 could
"compete" with the hard drive (on the same power line) for power, since hard
drives need the most power when spinning up; once it has started, the
"shared" power is enough for both to work.
What else is connected on the same power line where you put the splitter?
Did you try to put the splitter on the optical drive's power line? (it
should not require power at boot).

> Is the 9800 just too much card for the MDD?
I think that 9800 Pro was made for G4 and G5 Macs, so it *should* work.

I wonder what could be wrong in your MDD's power "department".
Have you got many peripherals inside it (HDs, cards...) that are sucking
power? Maybe the power supply is overloaded.