----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: Q: Airport compatible PCMCIA-WLAN card with WPA2+AES support?
Date:    Tuesday, 25. December 2012
From:    peterh...@cruzio.com
To:      g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
> Only a few of the several versions of the F5D7011 actually uses the
> Broadcom chip and is, thereby, supported by the Apple driver.

That’s what I feared. Too bad. If only they’d give the information which chip
is used before I buy it!

> A much better alternative, for my money, are the various USB 2.0 cards.

As I explained, that’s not what I want. I need the WiFi card for my Cube too,
and the Cube only has two USB1.1 ports. This is not a good way to expand the
Cube with WiFi.
The PCMCIA solution would be much more convenient.

Also: how about  WPA2 and AES/PSK?

Anyway, thanks!
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250