I've done the "apply to enclosed items" on quite a number of systems
without difficulty. Likely over 200 Macs. Now with 10.8 that's the first
thing I do after installing the OS. With 10.8 it's mostly because there's a
number of apps and stuff that I have no wish to keep and the OS makes it
harder to delete them quickly.

I'm basically just adding the ability of the administrator to read and
write all files.

On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:30:17 PM UTC-7, Valter Viglietti wrote:

> Il giorno 27/03/13 19.50, "Wayne Stewart" ha scritto:
>
> > In the HD privileges, I'd try clicking on the "apply to enclosed items"
>
> I strongly suggest to NOT do that!
>
> After I moved my data from the old G5 to the new iMac, I had this strange
> "You don't have privilges" things (that I didn't have on the G5). Grrr!!!
> In frustration, I did the "Apply to enclosed items" thing on all my
> partitions...
> as a result, on the next boot the iMac DID NOT BOOT anymore! :-(((
>
> Apparently, that action above might seriously mess up things in OSX.
> Thank God, I had another computer to use for looking for solutions on the
> Net, and I found a way to "heal" all the partitions in good shape again.
> Sincerely, I found this privilege thing quite baffling.
>
> The OP might try to repair permissions, using Disk Utility; this perhaps
> could fix eventual mess-up the teenager did.

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.