I don't understand all the advice given in here. The simplest solution I
see to keep the old software happy would be to get a PowerMac or iMac G5.
It doesn't have to be one of the latest even, because all G5 are faster
than the eMac, and the older models are cheaper, of course.
That will have to do until he can buy another, newer model (anything he can
afford) and upgrade the software. That could go in two steps: first the
hardware, sometime later the upgrade. No harm using one computer for Adobe
and another one in parallel for the rest.

(Don: The newest OS supported on PowerMacs is 10.5.8 and that would
probably be the recommended one. But 10.4.11 is good too and runs slightly
faster. It must be my stupid day, but someone posted that 10.6 runs on PPC,
which I can't understand either.)

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.