On Oct 9, 2013, at 3:49 PM, mkehoe wrote:

> A local Goodwill has a used iBook G4 (no ac power cord/charger) for $40.00.
> I can power it up with my power cord, but don't know how to get past the
> older user's  password page to see what operating system and software are on
> it.  I can't tell which model it is from looking at the case.
>
> Any ideas on how to get past the password page to see if it has airport,
> etc.?  I was thinking of buying it for parts.  It's on sale until Sunday at
> 4pm, and so far no one has bid on it.
>
> Worth it?  Comments appreciated.

There are hundreds of eBay auctions for assorted iBook G4 models, with AC
adapters, most in apparently good running conditions, and possibly for not much
more than $40.  You may wish to compare this Goodwill unit against some of
those, and decide for yourself whether it is "worth it."

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.