Il giorno 02/07/15 03.30, "smac0031" ha scritto:

> It won't work with my TiVo so I moved to
> plan B which was to use it with my DA G4.
First, your DA G4 doesn't support volumes bigger than 128 GB.

That means that you could use a bigger drive, but you have to subdivide it
into partitions 128 GB or smaller (Disk Utility should be able to do that).
That limit is valid for internal drives; I do not know about external ones
(but I think it applies there as well).

BTW, there ARE tricks to overcome that 128 GB limits. Here is the one I used
back in my G4 days:
<https://pareis.wordpress.com/2007/12/17/using-128-gib-or-larger-ata-hard-dr
ives/>
There are caveats, please read attentively before doing anything.

> I noticed when I formatted this thing there were 4 different options
> to format this drive for a Mac using Disk Utility. Does this make a
> difference
I think the main difference is, some formats allow booting and others do
not.
If you want to boot from that disk, choose "Mac OS Extended".
"Ms-Dos" is good for an external drive that you connect to multiple devices,
both Macs and PCs.

If you report the 4 different options Disk Utility gave you, I could say
more (I'm currently on an Intel iMac, so I go from memory here).

HTH,
Valter

---
"G-Group" group.