The only thing that you might have to do is change out the drive power plug
as the adapter might not have it included.
I have a G4 MDD with a 500 gb SATA drive fitted via an adapter in it and
under it there is a 160 gb ATA hdd . All I needed to do is put a psu
fitment on the power line on the same line as the old drive.

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 5:13 PM, mhfadams <mhfad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have used both together on the same machine but I don't know I if I have
> actually tried both on the same cable before but I don't think there would
> be a problem.   The SATA drive is on an adapter and so the machine doesn't
> see it as a SATA.  However,  I am very sure that most adapters are going to
> be preset as Cable Select (CS) so I would set the ATA drive likewise.
>

> On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 9:14:39 AM UTC-8, Bill wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have experience with having both and IDE and SATA (via
>> SATA-to-IDE adapter) installed in the same G4 Macintosh?
>>
>> I currently have two rotational drives, one with Tiger installed, the
>> other with Leopard on my G4  2002 Quicksilver.  The Leopard drive is
>> beginning to should "yellow" SMART indicators, and I'd like to replace it
>> with an SSD.
>>
>> Is this possible to have an IDE and SATA drives on the same cable (with
>> adapter, of course)?  If so, does it matter which is set to master/slave?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Bill
>>
> --
> --