Hi,

> Am 10.07.2015 um 02:05 schrieb Henson, Girard <girard.hen...@transcore.com>:
> Thank you for putting out this tool. Some of the folks here have used it for
> years to perform local disk clones just fine. However, we are running into an
> issue when we decided to implement the FTP transfer. We were able to capture
> the image successfully on to the FTP server, but when we try to write it back
> to the disk, the connection disconnects at seemingly random intervals. The
> only errors we get are a 426 error on the server and a 421 on the client if
> we do a CTRL + C. Is there any guidance you could provide us on how to
> address this? Does G4U offer some kind of logging mechanism? We’re running
> some tests with Wireshark but we could use all the input possible. We have
> tried using both IIS FTP and FileZilla.

That’s somewhat hard to tell… I’d lookup the error numbers in the RFCs to see
if they help anything.

https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc959.txt <https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc959.txt> says:
         421 Service not available, closing control connection.
             This may be a reply to any command if the service knows it
             must shut down.
426 is not in there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FTP_server_return_codes
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FTP_server_return_codes> says:

426     Connection closed; transfer aborted.

I guess these numbers are shown on g4u.

Logs are usually kept on servers, not on clients - sure not on g4u.

So, judging by these facts, g4u somehow thinks something is wrong in the
transfer, and aborts it.

Wireshark protocols and server logs may come in handy here, but this is network
troubleshooting beyond the point that I can provide here right now,
unfortunately.

 - Hubert