Feature Requests item #1615369, was opened at 2006-12-13 19:07
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by dbdigital
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1615369&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I use many different computers at different locations and find that if I make
substantial changes to my buddy list and categories and later connect on
another computer, I receive errors of the like: "Syncrhonization error: X is in
group Y of your local buddy list but is not on the server. Would you like to
add this buddy?" To this, I always say no since I have intended these changes.
However, it seems to superimpose many of the old buddy settings over the new
ones that are on the server. If I then try to make my original changes, I
receive an error message since presumably the client is telling the server to
put buddy X into group Y when X is already in Y.

My question is how I might cause GAIM to defer to the buddy lists on the server
and ignore the cached copy or alternatively, delete the cached copy so that it
has no choice but to pull from the server.

Thanks for your help!

Comment By: DBDigital (dbdigital)