Feature Requests item #1675518, was opened at 2007-03-07 08:15
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by chaddersphi
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1675518&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
This may seem like a unique request, but successful programs have been so
because they have been able to provide alternatives and often better features
than other similar programs. Take MSN and Gaim for example. MSN can't run in
Linux without Wine, also MSN can only run the MSN protocol (also Yahoo protocol
now). Gaim bettered this by allowing multi-protocols and being able to run in
both Windows and Linux.

I propose a mathematical notation feature allowing people to view something
like this:

f(x)=(x^2+3x-5)/7

like this:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/chaddersphi/Linux/mathsexample.png

My suggestion would be to use the OpenOffice.org Math calculator standards. For
example:

[MATH]f(x)={x^2+3x-5} over 7[/MATH] or
/math f(x)={x^2+3x-5} over 7 or simmilar.

This feature will be useful for people talking about maths in school,
university and make the sharing of mathematics easy. Also the use of the
OpenOffice.org Math standard will make it easy to copy equations into
OpenOffice.org documents (and keeping with the open source community).

I'm working on getting my programming skills good but for the moment I will
leave it in the capable hands of the Gaim staff.

Many thanks,
- Chadders.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1675518&group_id=235