Feature Requests item #1598117, was opened at 2006-11-16 20:44
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1598117&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Add a button to the account setup UI that says "HELP ME"; and or prompt the
user when they first install - "Do you want some help getting started?"

Clicking yes should take them to gaim.sf.net/support

Why:
New users suck and keep emailing "HOW DO I DO XXYZ" questions.

This is because they don't read the FAQ; and when they do read the FAQ...

"How do I use AIM, MSN, Yahoo!, Jabber, ICQ, or any other protocol?

   Use the Account Editor (Tools->Accounts, or the Accounts button on the start
screen) to add the account of the appropriate messaging service. Use the
checkbox in the account editor to sign online."

:(

Sad end user.

See the attached HTML for a suggested landing page to get started.