Feature Requests item #1174886, was opened at 2005-04-01 11:06
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1174886&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I think this was brought up recently, but I wanted to
"vote" for this as well.

I love that I can sign onto multiple accounts at the
same time with Gaim.  The only problem is that my buddy
lists get mashed together.  At work I have a jabber
account that is for work only use.  The groups and
membership are controlled by the company.   This is
supposed to make it easy for us to talk to each other
and find people.  There are only like 20 or so people
in this list.

When I sign on with my personal AIM account (which has
150 buddies in the list), my list gets very cluttered
and it becomes hard to find my work "buddies".

I see the benefits of a unified buddy list, so I am not
suggesting that that be done away with.  However, I
think it would be nice to have an option to have each
account have its own buddy list tab.  This way I can
keep my lists segregated for organizational purposes
and people who want a single list can have that too.

Right now I use Gaim for my work account and another
client for my personal account to achieve this kind of
separation.  I would love to be able to have both
accounts running in the same instance of Gaim instead.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Michael MacFadden