Feature Requests item #1089732, was opened at 2004-12-22 08:20
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1089732&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
It would be really usefull to search for a buddy. For
example, if i have a jabber account
something.jabber.sth, i could search users on the
jabber.sth server ? Most of other IM clients have this
feature, and I think it is one of the basic ones, how
come gaim doesn't have one ?