Feature Requests item #864192, was opened at 2003-12-21 19:24
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=864192&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I think it would be smart for Gaim's Buddy State
Notification plugin to tell you _why_ you're buddy is
now away, i.e. their away message. Whenever I have a
buddy that goes away in the middle of a conversation
without telling me why, I wind up going back to the
buddy list and finding out for myself. Since I use the
Buddy State Notification plugin, this is just stupid...
if it told me his away message in additon to telling me
he "is now away," I would save some time.

Not everyone may want this, so it should be a checkable
option in a configuration menu under Plugins in
preferences.