Feature Requests item #1224539, was opened at 2005-06-20 21:15
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1224539&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I think there should be an option to have a buddy
pounce disabled for, say, the first 3-5 seconds after
you log in, to avoid a flurry of them from other people
"signing on" that really just you receiving the list of
signed on people.