Feature Requests item #1219539, was opened at 2005-06-13 04:34
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1219539&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I don't know if this is something that Gaim should be
able to do, or whether it's just restricted to the ICQ
client.  I have associated an email address with my ICQ
number and can log in with this using the client.
However if I try to use this with Gaim it always comes
back as authentication failed.  Is this something that
should work or is it an ICQ client specific feature.
The only reason for doing it this way is that I can
never remember my number and the email opiton makes it
a lot easier.

Regards

Alex.