Feature Requests item #1421424, was opened at 2006-02-01 08:12
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1421424&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Hi,
today I saw that the chatlog is empty after I changed
my username for an IRC account. If I change the name
back to the old one it is visible again.

It would be cool if the chatlog would be independent
from the IRC name.

This behavior was observed with Gaim 1.5.0 on GNU/Linux
(Gentoo).