Feature Requests item #997731, was opened at 2004-07-25 18:33
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=997731&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Oftentimes a window has too many tabs to fit into one
viewing area, I do not notice that someone sent me a
message, and close the whole thing.

It would be great if Gaim could throw up a cautioning
message that there are unread tabs, much like Mozilla
Firefox throws up a message that there is more than one
open tab.

Please consider it -- it's a great usability feature!