Feature Requests item #1182456, was opened at 2005-04-13 14:24
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1182456&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Hi,

Please please implement custom key bindings for some
common actions. It is so much better to have access to
new messages without taking the hands of the keyboard.
Assigning a custom key combo (like CTRL+Y) to the Gaim
tray icon would be greatly appreciated. This means that
I could answer to messages  (typing) without using the
mouse.
I asked for the this feature some months ago and
somebody told me to change the entire gtk key theme...
This is not the right way, I think.

Thanks much

Stefan