Feature Requests item #1180461, was opened at 2005-04-10 23:37
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1180461&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
When the user checks "Autodetect IP address" in
Preferences -> Interface -> Network, the autodetected
IP address should be displayed in the greyed out
"Public IP" input box.

This would allow the user to double check gaim's ip
address autodetecting, and make gaim more pleasurable
to use (and troubleshoot).

If I knew C better, I would provide a patch.  :-(