Feature Requests item #1241300, was opened at 2005-07-19 22:19
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1241300&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Rough description:

Often I'll hear my buddy login sound, and I'll pull up
my buddy list, but not see anyone logging in.  I'll
open several collapsed groups, and end up seeing it in
one of them, only to say "o, it's only them".

Part of the usefulness of a collapsed group is so you
aren't bothered or distracted by logins/logoutts and
the contents of a collapsed buddy group.

It would be great if the Gaim team added login/logout
sound silencing for collapsed buddy groups.