Feature Requests item #1249807, was opened at 2005-08-01 15:55
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1249807&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Gaim is currently lacking in it's support for File
Transfers.  I know that File Transfers are not a major
priority for the primary coding team.  An easy way to
help file transfer support without having too much of
the code changed would be the following:

There should be an entry in the preferences window to
allow minor amounts of control for the user to play with.

Options that would be placed on this menu:

Port to use for transfer of a given protocol.
Proxy settings.
Allowing incoming file transfers to be automatically
accepted for contacts on a given buddylist.
Default directory for incoming files.
File extensions to automatically accept / deny.