Feature Requests item #950937, was opened at 2004-05-09 16:37
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=950937&group_id=235

Initial Comment:

Someone I know just made me realize there is no longer
an option to send a file to someone else from inside an
individual chat window.  The only way currently to send
a file is right clicking on a user in the main buddy
list.  This may cause some people to be confused to the
point of believing there is no way to send a file with
gaim.   Each individual chat window should have an
option to send a file, rather than forcing everyone to
right click on a username in the buddy list.

With gaim .76 each user chat window has a "send image"
option that is greyed out and unusable, with gaim .77
this option has been removed entirely.