Feature Requests item #1078531, was opened at 2004-12-03 14:07
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1078531&group_id=235

Category: jabber

Initial Comment:
Jabber Multi-User Chat (MUC) has tons of capabilities
that Gaim now supports... but how would you ever know?!

A co-worker just told me that you can do all of the
things you can do in Exodus (register, kick and ban
users, configure the room, etc.) with slash-commands,
but really they should be obvious in the interface the
way they are in Exodus.  I have been having a love-hate
relationship with Gaim for months because I so missed
this functionality, not knowing it was there!

* Users have both "roles" and "affiliations" with
rooms: Owner, Administrator, Moderator, Observer,
Visitor, Member, etc.  You should be able to discover
this, either by icon, color, tooltip, or a query option
in the member list.  Currently gaim uses a couple of
funky icons for users, but it's not clear what they
mean.  There should also be a slash command to list
these (the output can be used for cutting and pasting).
 Also, gaim does not show presence icons for people in
the room!

*If you're the room's owner/creator, you should be able
to set who is an admin, a moderator, a visitor, and an
observer by right-clicking on them.  If you're a
moderator, you should be able to give and take voice.
There should also be slash commands for these.

* There's a command to ban but no way to unban.  Also,
does inviting a user automatically unban them?

Interface suggestions: Exodus prompts you to configure
the room when you create it and the room can be
reconfigured at any time by right-clicking in the room
and selecting "Admin|Configure Room".  Also in that
right-click Admin menu are:
- Edit Voice List
- Edit Ban List
- Edit Member List
- Edit Moderator List
- Edit Admin List
- Edit Owner List
- Destroy room

All of these would be useful in Gaim!

Thanks for the hard work to get this far... Looking
forward to seeing it all completed!