Feature Requests item #1583213, was opened at 2006-10-23 18:30
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1583213&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
selecting a buddy and then selecting outside the buddy
list makes it so that the colour of the highlight is
the same for groups as for the selected buddy. i think
the best solution is to remove the group highlighting
(the +/- icon vs. buddy icon plus bold vs. regular font
is plenty of distinguishing visual information), but
different colours would also solve this problem.

in general, the use of the same type of colour change
for two different purposes should be avoided. also, in
this case, the large contrast difference should be used
carefully. it is not pleasing on the eyes to have many
groups interleaved with many buddies with such a large
contrast. it's okay for selection (a) because people
already recognize it and (b) only a small contiguous
amount can be selected (in this case 1 thing).

if you want to separate groups visually, try a faint
line or a small amount of space to separate the last
buddy from the next group.