Feature Requests item #814836, was opened at 2003-09-29 20:21
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=814836&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
In order to keep my main Perl install separate from
modules, I install all modules to /usr/local/perl and
/usr/local/perl/lib as follows:
perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/usr/local/perl
LIB=/usr/local/perl/lib

It'd be nice if gaim could be convinced to honor these
variables; currently I can do --with-perl-lib=/usr/local/perl
but that doesn't put things in the proper place.  For
example, it uses /usr/local/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.1/i686-linux
rather than /usr/local/perl/lib/i686-linux as modules from
CPAN do.