Feature Requests item #1006585, was opened at 2004-08-10 09:53
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1006585&group_id=235

Category: oscar

Initial Comment:
it would be nice if a user will be able not to report
his IP address using Oscar.
today, the IP address of all the users using gaim is
exposed to everybody, which may cause security problems.

As far as I know, when connecting to server with no
directo connections, IP addresses are not visible.
This also causes chats not to work...  but it will be
nice if it will be a choise of the user.