Feature Requests item #707124, was opened at 2003-03-20 15:45
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=707124&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
gaim cannot connect behind a proxy server when yahoo
messenger has not problem.

I use AIM/Yahoo/MSN all behind a proxy server by saying
"no proxy".

When I use the Yahoo Messenger, it normally connects
using the "telnet" port.  It must detect that port 5050
is blocked by our proxy server and uses the telnet port
instead (which is not blocked).  The other protocol
ports must not be blocked.

gaim should behave the same as yahoo messenger in this
respect.