Feature Requests item #795547, was opened at 2003-08-26 14:23
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=795547&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
After thinking about it for a bit, I realized that the
main buddy list window isn't really necessary,
especially when you take full advantage of the tabbed
conversations feature and only use GAIM for AOL or
other simple IM methods.  The only time I ever click on
the main buddy list is to change options or open a new
converstaion (which ends up opening a tab in the
conversation window anyways!).

All of the buddy list menu items (preferences, etc..)
could easily be transferred to the conversation window
menubar.  The buddy list itself could easily be made
available by adding the buddy list display onto the
side of the conversation window, next to the
converstation itself.

This should probably be an option... "Combine Buddy
List and Conversation Window Mode", but I think it
makes the UI alot better, as absolutely everything you
need for basic IM protocols is right there at your
fingertips.

You obviously have to sacrafice having a large amount
of screen for the buddy list, but I could easily live
with that.

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)