Feature Requests item #685000, was opened at 2003-02-11 18:57
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=685000&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
I have about 5 AIM screennames which I use for
different locations and purposes. I would like to be
able to automatically keep my buddy lists in sync
between accounts.

My thought is that this could perhaps be implemented
using the "Send Buddy List" feature from AIM in
combination with an access list of screennames that you
wish to automatically allow incoming buddy lists (ie,
Automatically accept buddy lists from "screenname1,
screenname3, etc..."). You could then have a setting in
the Gaim client to automatically send your buddy list
to the screennames you select whenever a buddy list
change happens (Send buddy list to "screenname2,
screenname3, etc..." when a buddy is added/changed). If
an account (screename2) is not yet online, it should
pounce that account with the update when it goes online.

A sub-feature could be that you would only allow
incoming (and/or outgoing) updates of selected groups
in the buddy list (ie, Accept all group updates from
"screename1" except for "Coworkers, Family, etc...")