Feature Requests item #914311, was opened at 2004-03-11 13:17
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=914311&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Gaim should not allow multiple instances of itself to load.

If a second gaim is started while the first is still
running, then
the first instance will loose connectivity due to the
new connection
that the second gaim will initiate with the ICQ or MSN
server.

The correct procedure would be to silently die if another
gaim is already running. Thus it helps scripts or
startup sessions
to correctly work without causing any error messages.