Feature Requests item #909742, was opened at 2004-03-04 08:23
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=909742&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Currently gaim looks for your "nick", nosnilmot has
patched his copy to check for nick, account username
and account alias.

I'd like this to be part of the standard code as
sometimes people refer to my name or nickname rather
than my IRC user account name.

Actually, it would be best if the phrases that it bells on
were configurable, but this would be a good start.