Feature Requests item #1154026, was opened at 2005-03-01 01:43
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1154026&group_id=235

Category: win32

Initial Comment:
System: Gaim 1.1.4, Windows XP SP2, Athlon XP 2000+,
1GB PC133

This is a pretty avoidable problem, but I discovered
that attempting to paste several megabytes of text into
a conversation causes the program to jump to 100% CPU
usage and lock up for at least an extended period of
time. It's possible that after a few minutes it might
have finished "thinking" but overall it would be useful
if gaim could determine in advance whether the
clipboard contents are too large to be sent as an IM
anyway and prompt for paste confirmation before proceeding.