Feature Requests item #943234, was opened at 2004-04-27 14:49
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=943234&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Perhaps not possible but,  with Yahoo users I can see
the typing indicator.  With ICQ users, there is no
indicatin of typing at all.  Is it possible to get the typing
feature with ICQ working.    Many years ago when I
breifly used ICQ for a while, I remember that you could
actually see what was being typed.  I would think there
could be some remnants of that capability still available
so that you could get the typeing indicator working.