Feature Requests item #979466, was opened at 2004-06-25 00:31
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=979466&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
Due to the auto-reconnect plugin (optionally) blocking
login error messages, some people could get confused as
to why they are not being able to connect.  When I
couldn't connect, I went to the debug window and found
no useful information to my connection issues...

With auto-reconnect enabled (and supressing messages)
-- if gaim was compiled without SSL library, the msn
plugin's notices about the SSL requirement are
supressed ..  that was my problem.. if the error
messages were in the debug window, the problem would
have been noticed immediately

Feature Request: all dialog notices/error messages
should have equivalent messages in the debug window