Reply to: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Women Make Movies

<Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Dear Friends,

           The staff and Board of Directors at Women Make Movies would like to express our deepest sympathies to the families, friends and victims of the September 11th tragedy. Although our office is located just a few blocks away from the site, we were fortunate not to have lost any of our immediate family of co-workers and loved ones.

            As the nation collectively responds to this horrific event, we have become  increasingly concerned with the violence against Arab-Americans and Muslims, as well as the alarming trend toward racial profiling. We believe it is of the utmost importance to sensitize people about the culture and traditions of the Arab and Muslim community, both abroad and in the United States, in order to avoid further prejudicial attacks and denouncements of any one ethnic group. To accomplish this feat, we believe it is vital to share educational resources that teach tolerance and an appreciation for cultural diversity.

            At Women Make Movies we have chosen to contribute to this effort by providing FREE rentals on a selected group of titles on the Middle East and Arab culture through December 31, 2001. We simply ask that those who accept this offer pay the minimum shipping and handling fees.

            It is our sincere hope that this gesture will assist to humanize the Arab-American and Muslim community and demonstrate the vast sources of alternative educational media available to the viewing public.

            To find out more about the films, please <visit> our website at www.wmm.com. You may also send us an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to place you order.

CONVERSATIONS ACROSS THE BOSPHORUS

COVERED: THE HEJAB IN CAIRO, EGYPT

DON"T ASK WHY