-----Original Message-----
From: Alison Phipps [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2002 7:25 AM
To: GAINSNet Moderator
Subject: Query for list: Research help on gender and
science/engineering/technology education project

I'm currently working towards my Ph.D, and my subject is gender and science,
engineering and technology (SET) education.  I'm interested in initiatives
that educate girls and women in SET subjects, raise awareness about possible
careers, mentor girls and women in SET fields, and so on.  My research will
look at the motivations and principles behind these initiatives, and ask how
these affect project methodologies and pedagogies, and subsequently
influence results.

Although the research will ultimately have a "Western" focus (mainly due to
the difficulty of finding funds to travel abroad), at the moment I'm
attempting to collect data on initiatives happening in different parts of
the world.  I'm especially interested in projects going on in regions other
than the U.S. and E.U.

I'm using a short online questionnaire, which is designed for
directors/coordinators of initiatives to give more details about their
projects -- I'd be very grateful for responses from any list members who are
in charge of science/engineering/technology education initiatives for girls
and women.  Or if anyone could pass it on to colleagues who are responsible
for such initiatives, I'd also be very grateful.  Your answers will not be
visible to any other users of the website -- once you click 'submit', they
are imported directly into a database on a secure server.  All personal data
will then be anonymised for formal academic publications.

If you'd like more information about the research project, please go to
http://www.doinggender.org/factsheet.htm

Or, go straight to the questionnaire at
http://www.doinggender.org/questionnaire.htm

Thanks in advance for your help.