On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 23:22:26 +0200
Le Boulanger Yann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Daniel Pádua wrote:
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > <poor english>
> > Gajim bugs I've listed using 0.10pre2 in a windowsXP system,
> > after uninstalling 0.9.1.
> >
> > - after enter login data, gajim enters a "delay time" that: or
> > takes many-many-many minutes before connect and show
> > contact list, or it simply doesn't connect.
> >

> Does it happen  every time you log in?
> Couls you open XML console (menu actions -> advanced -> your_account ->
> Show XML console) to see what is so long ? Does it take many CPU duting
> this time ?

I am suffering this sometimes, five minutes ago it has happened and I have made
a shot of the XML console. I have tried Gaim and it has logged in without
problems. Of course, it doesn't happen every time, in fact it happens rarely. I
am using Gajim 0.9.1 in Ubuntu breezy.

When this happens, CPU is not affected, but Gajim no longer responds and I have
to kill it. If I launch Gajim again and try to log in, it always happens the
same (perhaps a server-side matter?).

The XML:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<stream:stream xmlns="jabber:client" to="myjabber.net" version="1.0"
xmlns:stream="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams"; >

<stream:stream xmlns='jabber:client'
xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams' from='myjabber.net'
id='1183196612'>

<iq type="get" id="1">
<query xmlns="jabber:iq:auth">
<username>mylogin</username>
</query>
</iq>

<iq type='result' id='1'>
<query xmlns='jabber:iq:auth'>
<username>mylogin</username>
<password/>
<digest/>
<resource/>
</query>
</iq>

<iq type="set" id="2">
<query xmlns="jabber:iq:auth">
<username>mylogin</username>
<digest>thedigest</digest>
<resource>Gajim</resource>
</query>
</iq>

<iq id='2' type='result'/>

<iq from="[EMAIL PROTECTED]/Gajim" type="get" id="3">
<query xmlns="jabber:iq:roster" />
</iq>

It seems the server doesn't send the roster (but Gaim has logged in perfectly,
so...) or Gajim doesn't read the response and keeps blocked until you kill it.

Thank you very much.